[NTLK] Happy New Year from the Newton Museum

From: junkvenzon_at_mac.com
Date: Fri Dec 30 2005 - 11:33:47 PST

Hello all!

The auction has ended, and the buyer has expressed interest in carrying on the Newton Museum website, which is great news.

So, I have a little present for everyone on the list for the New Year: I took all the VHS Newton tapes and created a DVD at full resolution of them, burned it and created a .cdr master that can be burned using Toast to DVD.

It's over FOUR GIGs in size (4.11 Gigs) so don't start downloading it unless you:

a) Have a DVD burner
b) Use OS X (I believe it's an ISO format PC WinXP users can burn, but I'm not sure)
c) Have FAST bandwidth (DSL/Cable Modem/T1/T3 ONLY)
d) Are willing to wait and NOT restart the download.

This will KILL my website if you all grab for it at the same time and start and stop, so please only start it once, and let it finish, but most of all, ONLY start it if you meet the following list above.

If there is someone out there that would be willing to download and burn for others, that would be great too.

The link is:

http://www.newtonmuseum.com/goodies/newton_videos.cdr

If you get it, and burn it, and watch it, please post to the list to let me know what you think. It has the video that Apple made for the 1992 CES show, which shows prototype Newtons, along with the Sharp Newton, OMP, 110, 2.0 and Success Stories videos.

Happy New Year!
John Venzon