Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 - nominal operational power drain?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 13:58:47 PST

What would be nice is some kind of application like
BattTrax that also tracks current usage. I thought
that it did, but it only tracks temperature, charge
current and battery capacity. Ultimatly what would be
nice to have is a menu that allows you to choose up to
3 seperate items to monitor.
You can download BattTrax from my website below. Just
look for BattTrax
Ed
web/gadget guru
Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton:
http://newton.tek-ed.com

--- Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:52:51 -0500, Tim Skrastins
> <timskrastins_at_mac.com> wrote:
> > batteries when I feel it's prudent. It seems that
> they show up as a
> > low% charged for a long time so I'm guessing they
> challenge the
> > accuracy of the battery gauge and may have a lot
> more left in them when
> > I swap out.
>
> Okay, I'm not too sure how accurate it is but there
> is a add-on
> originally from www.logictools.de called Nick's Soft
> Charge... after
> installation it is accessible from the Prefs - You
> can then select the
> battery type...to NiMH.... I'm not sure what the
> accuracy is but is
> does a good job telling you how much charge is left.
> I think though if
> we had the NTK project that someone needs to adjust
> it to properly
> reflect the correct capacity as it was developed
> when we had 1900 or
> 1950mAh NiMH cells..
>
> But other than not being able to show the true full
> capacity it does
> it job well.
>
> > $15 is too much for 2300 mAH Energizers. Go to
> Target or Walmart and
> > pick up the 2500 mAH ones for $10 in a 4 pack.
> I've heard $17-18 for an
>
> Hey, when did the 2500mAh start showing up... I'm
> only finding 2400mAh.
> Please give me a SKU Number and I'll check my local
> Target or Walmart... thanks!
> --
> God bless,
>
> Sonny Hung
> the Hung Family
> --
> This is the NewtonTalk list -
> http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
> Official Newton FAQ:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
> WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles:
> http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

=====
"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial