[NTLK] Another Batch

From: Nathan McDaniel (tesla4d_at_mailaka.net)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 21:23:01 PST

Alright, Newtonians, here's round three:
1.) When I bought my MP2100 from eBay, the seller noted that the battery pack" doesn't hold a charge well". At first, all was well, but lately, I've noticed that I charge it every night for eight hours. Do I have a problem?
2.) The alt.rec package to improve the HWR caused my Newton to crash nearly as much as a Windows box. O.o So I deleted it. Has anyone else had that problem? By the way, I narrowed it down by freezing extensions one-by-one, if that helps.
3.) Has anyone figured out how to connect an MP2100 to an MP130 through a modem ? I don't have a suitable serial cable, and beaming is too unreliable.
4.) While I'm at it, I've noticed two tiny red LED's that blink On and off inside the irDA window. Are they stock? Did a previous owner install them? Or do I just see IR? Well, my TV remote doesn't blink, so that's right out.
Thanks,
Nathan