[NTLK] original boxes

From: Randall Williams (yiams_at_avalon.net)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 21:38:17 PST

Adamson,

My apologis for a late post but I get the Newton list in digest mode.

Have your wife watch a couple of episodes of _Antiques Roadshow_ on PBS
(check your local listings). In our few years of watching there is a greater
value when the original packaging comes with the item under review. Actually
seeing a price difference (and hearing some of the prices!) between
packaging and non-packaging might change her mind. The greater value is
because someone threw away the original packaging (I plead guilty!) and is
simply not available.

I'm assuming this applies to Newton paraphenalia as well.

Randall D. Williams, MP130
Sioux City, Iowa, USA

=========

Do original boxes for the MP 2100 and the 2000 have value? If so, why? My
wife is after me to throw some of my "junk" away and these are two things
she
has specifically targeted.