Re: [NTLK] FreeDock & RS-232

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 14:29:38 PST

    Sonny,

    That sample shows how to make a (very) simple serial terminal for
sending and receiving a small amount of text.
    I talked about it because it's very easy to change the serial port, and
you could create, for example, 2 instances of the same program with
different names, using different serial ports and make a loop between the
minidin and the DB9 of the FreeDock, to see how it works.

  You'll want to change a view called "vPort", in its second subview,
fiind something like:

 {buttonValue: kHWLocBuiltInIR, //<-- this means Infrared Port
     viewBounds: {left: 0, top: 16, right: 96, bottom: 32},
     text: "IR (Port B)",
     _proto: @202
    };

and modify to:

 {buttonValue: kHWLocBuiltInModem, //<-- this points to the second
serial port
     viewBounds: {left: 0, top: 16, right: 96, bottom: 32},
     text: "Second serial port",
     _proto: @202
    };

kHWLocBuiltInModem is the second serial port in the Interconnect, the one
that I think gets routed to the DB-9.

Good Luck!

Daniel