Re: [NTLK] My 130 is gone!

From: Bubba Gump (basdiscussions_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 14:26:14 PST

True, Sonny.

I have noticed sometimes with other electrical doodads I've owned (and the more technically capable among us could maybe provide an answer on this one way or the other for the Newton), I've needed to have the batteries in even when using the power cord, especially if the item is set up to charge batteries when a cord is plugged in. For example, I've got two old laptops that won't power up without the batteries in, even though the batteries are bad. Being new here, I'm unclear if this is the case for the Newton.

Just thought it a quick and easy thing to try prior to shipping it off to Frank.