[NTLK] My 130 is gone!

From: Abraham Limpo Martinez (volcano_at_menta.net)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 10:20:28 PST

Oops! Guess what! Even best treated newtons can die too!

Well, in my case I have to recognize I was careless. After the Alcaline
batteries I put on the newton ran out, I should have removed them
inmediately, but I didn't expect to leak in just a couple days! Now it
doesn't turn on, with batteries or power.

I am now in need of some expert hand. I grew too attached to my newton =
just let go (and buy another one). Also, except for this problem, the =
screen
is pristine and the case almost have no scratches. Even if it costs more
than just buying another one, someone on this list does still do repairs =
on
newton?
(It is also important because I don't have backups of everything I have
there).

I can pay in money or in merchandise (I have a handful of programming
manuals, original newton software and some working 120 boards).