Re: [NTLK] Newton packages versus OS X packages

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2005 - 10:24:04 PST

First of all, please not that when you want to start a new thread do=20
NOT start it by responding to an old one.

For people using threaded mail readers this creates a jumble of=20
threads. Like this one.

On Feb 19, 2005, at 5:56 AM, Michael J. Hu=DFmann wrote:

> Randolphin (rgore_at_newted.dyndns.org) wrote:
>
>> Speaking of Packager's funny behavior somewhere along the way, my
>> version of Packager (or maybe MacOS=3D3F) quit changing the icon on
>> the packages it changes. I used to have an icon that looked very
>> similar to the earlier icons from MacOs's prior to 9 now the icons
>> stay like the installer icons... NCU and NewTen recognize the
>> changed programs but I miss the different icon; it was a good way
>> to tell if I'd run Packager on it.
>
> I don't think Packager is at fault. I'm not using Packager myself, but
> rather a very simple AppleScript droplet:

I think OSX is at fault. This is just a guess, but I think that in=20
earlier versions it repected the type and creator code for displaying=20
the icon. I guess that now it doesn't do that and defaults to OSX's=20
system for identifying files, which relies on the extension...

Progress? heh.

Marty