Re: [NTLK] wireless access problem

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2005 - 20:10:35 PST

* Thomas A Isenbarger <isen_at_tds.net> [18 Feb 2005 06:31]:
> I connect via DHCP from my laptops at home (at least this is how I have
> their prefs set, so I'd think that is what is actually happening).
> Last night I played with this some more: I tried getting my SimpleMail
> mail and I got the error stating that DHCP could not configure my
> device. After dismissing the slip, I immediately clicked on Receive
> SimpleMail again and it worked. No other taps made, no settings
> changes, etc.

I get similar behaviour when I try to print to my appletalk network
printer. I try to print, the ethernet card light goes out, I get a
timeout error. I try again, it works. Oddly enough, it connects first
try to NCU over the same ethernet card.

I think I had the same issue with getting DHCP when I was testing out my
internet setup - it would only work on the second try, not the first.

-Rhonda

--
Discuss the art and craft of writing - http://www.write-on.org
Did you know... the Earth's gravity field is weakest in India