Re: [NTLK] Help for new eMate User - Confused!

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 19:20:24 PST

Keep in mind that all you can do with Escale is install packages, but
this is an important first step.
I first launch Escale then attempt Dock, you will see a window with
one diamond followed by 'serial'. Tap the word 'serial' and choose
'appletalk'. You will now see a window that has a second diamond with
'connect to home' Tap 'Connect to Home' and choose 'other computer' If
your computers name shows up choose it, then tap 'connect'.

Do you get this far? If not describe what happens.
Which wireless router are you using? Some don't support Apple Talk.
You may have to set up tcp/ip.

Woody

If I don't get a connection I wait till the Newt tells me it cannot
find the specified computer