[NTLK] IC/VC and Tricking the Newton With Filenames

From: Sean Riddle (swriddle_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2005 - 15:34:44 PST

I'm still trying to get the IR connection to work between a Newton and
a Windows XP laptop, but I put that on the back burner when I found
that my Sony Ericsson T637 cell phone could interface with no problem
with both the Newton and the laptop. The problem is that the cell
phone only accepts files with certain extensions. (.jpg, .gif, .mid,
and a couple others, I think), and .pkg is not among them. I have
never loaded a .pkg file (at least by that name) with IC/VC from the
inbox, so I was wondering what I'm looking for, exactly. Will it be
fairly obvious? Also, is there some way to rename items in the inbox
so that I could install packages by another name?

- Sean