Re: [NTLK] Wifi Woes

From: Vaughn Corden (vaughn_at_corden.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 23:12:06 PST

Craig,
That's very interesting and I was certainly wondering if it was an
Express Base Station issue, too, except that I found the following web
page today (http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm - Is this
Hiroshi's page?), it states the following..

Test Result with AirPort Express Base Station
  09/21/2004

  I have tested my driver with AirPort Express Base Station.

  [Test Equipment]

Newton: MessagePad 2100 (2000 upgraded)

AirPort BaseStion: AirPort Software 4.0.1

  *** Test1

WaveLAN card: Buffalo PCM-WLI-L11 (Lucent/Agere chip-set)

WEP: Yes, 128bits ASCII (13 chars)
  Without DHCP: success
  With DHCP: success

  *** Test2

WaveLAN card: Planex GW-NS11H (Prism 3.0 chip-set)

WEP: Yes, 128bit ASCII (13 chars, same as test1)
  Without DHCP: success
  With DHCP: fail

When I read this I ruled out my Express Base Station as the culprit,
but your experience certainly implies otherwise. There have been
firmware updates for the Express Bases Station since 9/21/04, so
perhaps that's the issue. Unless other users are using their updated
Express Base Stations...

- Vaughn

Corden Consulting, Inc.
Direct: 310.880.6993