Re: [NTLK] Holidays 2005 needs your help

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 14:49:05 PST

On Jan 10, 2005, at 5:21 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

> For the US, you'd want state holidays such as MLK Jr.
> Day (1 week from today) or Veteran's day as well as
> the few special days like Valentines day (baseball's
> getting close!)

Hard to tell sometimes which ones are actually "celebrated" (a day
off). Depends very much on where you work (state and industry). I
haven't done individual State holidays, but if someone were to give me
a complete list I could give it a shot.

> If a user could easily add a list of days (such as a
> sports schedule) by just selecting the list and
> hitting "add" it would be very useful. I'm not going
> to sit by my Newton and put in all 162 games the Cubs
> will play this year just so I can quickly reference it
> from Dates.

I'm trying to make this easy for anyone to do themselves from iCal, or
any text file. The input file to NTK looks like:

DefConst(
        'newDates,
        [
                "12/25/05", "Christmas",
                "12/31/05", "New Year's Eve",
        ]
);

So if you can generate that you're good to go. The Perl script will
create this from an exported iCal. Doesn't look like anyone on
icalshare has done the Cubs for 2005 yet. The way to go for this might
be IC/VC (which may also sync times) or nSync, which I haven't given up
on.

Puckdropper eh. Reduced to following baseball because of the strike? :-)