Re: [NTLK] Holidays 2005 needs your help

From: Puckdropper (puckdropper_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 21:52:19 PST

--- John Charlton <johncharlton_at_mac.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to make this easy for anyone to do
> themselves from iCal, or
> any text file. The input file to NTK looks like:
>
> DefConst(
> 'newDates,
> [
> "12/25/05", "Christmas",
> "12/31/05", "New Year's Eve",
> ]
> );

Looks good to me. I used the same idea a long time
ago for a MS-DOS program I wrote. (It read the date
and looked up the dates of events from a text file.
If the date matched, it printed the event on screen.
Simple but effective.)

> Puckdropper eh. Reduced to following baseball
> because of the strike? :-)

I've always liked the Cubs, but Puckdropper comes from
amateur hockey (meaning you pay to play ;-]) and not
professional hockey. I was never much a fan of pro
hockey because of the fighting. It just doesn't add
anything to the game. JMHO.

Puckdropper