Re: [NTLK] DC Metro NUG January Meeting

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 14:41:14 PST

Since Laurent and I live close to each other, we both
suffer the same issues on proximity. And while I don't
have hockey games to go to, until my house gets done
and I have access to my "stuff" again, Meetings for me
will have to be third or fourth on my list of things
to do.
And White Flint Mall is quite a trek...I tend to not
want to go any further east than Tysons Corner or
north into Maryland using the beltway.
Sorry...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Laurent Daudelin <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
wrote:

> Meeting this week!
> >
> > Thur., Jan 13, 2005, 9:00 pm
> > Buster and Dave's at White Flint Mall
> > in Kensington, MD.
> >
> > See:
> >
> > http://newton.meetup.com/3/
> >
> > for more info.
> >
> > I'd like to propose that this month we focus on
> wireless networking and
> > web browsers for the Newton. I recently got a
> wifi card and would like
> > to share my (limited) experience so far and
> hopefully learn from
> > others.
> >
> > So far, no one has RSVPed. I'm hoping that
> proposing a topic might
> > inspire others to join us. If no one RSVPs, then
> the meeting will
<snip>
> If there is anything we can do to make it more
> accessible/enticing,
> > please post a message on the group's Meetup.com
> message board. Meeting
> > day, time, frequency, topics, whatever.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Well, for me, I think the greatest obstacle is
> going to be the time
> required to make the trip, specially with the
> traffic at the time of the
> meeting. Coming from Northern Virginia, that's quite
> a trip on the Beltway
> to get to Dave & Busters'. I have very limited time
> and so the added trip
> makes it impossible for me. Also, I have many hockey
> games on Thursdays so
> that's a no-no as well...
>
> -Laurent.
> --

=====
"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial