Re: [NTLK] Notephone

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 16:47:55 PST

> Maybe Frank can tell us if he tested it out first the NotePhone
> on his home phone system.

I sure did. Nothing from the Newton world leaves my premises before
it has been thoroughly tested. It takes years to build a reputation
and only seconds to loose it... And with the Newtie awards still under
way, who can risk dissatisfied fellow Newtoneers...

> We'd also need to figure out how many wires are actually active and
> what they do on a German phone system.

To the best of my knowledge only two wires are needed in the classic
setup. I do admit, though, that my setup isn't exactly classic. I
have a DataBox Speed Dragon that turns the analog phone signals into
ISDN, and this is fed into my DSL router. Or something like that. When
it comes to telephone lines, I am not the best person to ask...

Cheers

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de