[NTLK] Fwd: FS: 2100 Newton, Leather, Batt, Modem, Memory, Box, Manual, Disks, Cable, Dongle

From: Matthias Edrich (matthias_at_edrich.de)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 08:41:53 PST

The ROM on this device is English. I have been collecting Newton-ware
for several years - started with a 120. I love my 2100 and used it
daily. Especially,
I have not found a device with similarly good handwriting recognition
(the
2x00 series :-). However, I have now switched to a T5 Palm because I
need a device with Bluetooth (to connect to internet via my phone),
wireless (i travel alot and use T-Mobile HotSpot), and is smaller. With
the T5,
the added bonus is that I can use it as a half-way usable harddrive...
("halfway" because connection tools are always reliable or lock up
device).
Interestingly, the battery on my 2100 lasts just about the same time as
that of my T5....
even though the Newt has a larger screen and would seems to last a
shorter time.
That's Apple quality.
In brief, I am sad about my decision to switch, but because I value the
small size of the T5 and bluetooth/wireless capability I must go forth
;-)
I'm still hoping for another Apple palm.

So, any interested buyers?

matthias

Begin forwarded message: