Re: [NTLK] Advice for a Newton Newbie (potentially)

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 21:24:02 PST

rob.johnstone_at_aanet.com.au wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have a quick question. I have the opportunity to purchase a Newton 2000
> and love the idea - my question: Can I easily transfer the word processor
> documents made on the Newton (i.e. lecture notes) to my G5 powermac?
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Many thanks for any help provided!
>
> Rob (Melbourne)

Well if you can get Newton Connection Utlities to install and work yes
very easily (free on www.unna.org). For some people it connects and
runs very well. Others need to fiddle with it to get it to work. Also
if you don't have a serial port, you will need to get a USB to Serial
port adapter (keyspan is the usual recomended choice).

-Dan