Re: [NTLK] bootsrapping woes

From: Kostas Theofilis (theofilis_at_macland.gr)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 19:17:49 PST

On 29 Jan 2005, at 02:31, Woody Smith wrote:

Hi,

> did you in step I) also create the port 3679 in System
> Prefs-->Sharing-->firewall ?

No, but I do not use a firewall. I have it turned off.

> Are you direct connecting or going through a hub or switcher? With the
> exception of the step above and that I have a router that assigns IP
> addresses, I am doing what you are and getting a connection.

I am connecting directly with a crossover cable (inverted).

> I checked Wikiwikinewt and did not see whether connecting Mac and Newt
> differs with a hub or direct connecting. I also checked the Escale
> user manual and did not see whether a hub is required or not. Does
> anyone connect directly from ethernet port to ethernet port with
> Escale?

I was connecting directly a few months before and it was working fine.
I just did the procedure today (I was struggling for 3 hours :-D)
without success. I assumed that I simply forget something...

Kostas