[NTLK] Wi-Fi connection to OS9 NCU

From: Robert Hollyer (r_hollyer_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 12:50:12 PST

I have successfully installed an Orinoco Gold wi-fi
card on my Newton 2100 and have the wi-fi driver
running. My connection to the internet is fine as I
can run Nethopper and download web-pages. However, I
haven't been able to use wi-fi to establish a
connection between the Newton 2100 and my OS 9.1 8100
running NCU 1.0.

My current method for back-ups and package
installation is over a hardwired Appletalk connection
to the Newton. This method works fine, but I would
prefer using wi-fi for backing-up data and downloading
packages.

I have already checked the Newton FAQs and believe I
have the system configured properly. The 8100 ethernet
port shows activity when I try to dock with NCU, but
the Newton never finds the 8100 on the network.

Is wi-fi docking to NCU on OS 9.1 a configuration that
should work?

Rob