Re: [NTLK] Wi-Fi connection to OS9 NCU

From: Robert Hollyer (r_hollyer_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2005 - 22:36:20 PST

At this point the router appears to be the problem.
The router is a Netgear WGR614v5, with the most recent
firmware available from the Netgear web-site.

I decided to try connecting with my first generation
Apple airport hub. I disabled WEP since the Apple
airport hub only supports WEP-64 and the Newton wi-fi
driver is defaulting to using the Proxim Orinoco Gold
Classic card WEP-128 mode. With WEP enabled these two
items can't communicate. After disabling WEP and
setting the SSID etc, I was able to connect the Newton
over wi-fi to the 8100 running NCU.

That's great, however, I would like to use WEP. Is it
possible to force the Newton wi-fi driver to use
WEP-64 instead of WEP-128? If not, then it would
appear that I either need a WEP-64 PCMCIA card or a
different wireless hub. Any recommendations.

Rob