Re: [NTLK] Writers here who use eMate? Experiences?

From: Russ Bravo (russbravo_at_lineone.net)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 11:56:04 PST

I quite agree with Oliver - the eMate scores highly for me when it comes to
writing. I'm a journalist and editor and I have often taken my eMate to
interviews because I type much faster and more accurately than I take
shorthand notes, and I've never bothered with tape/digital recorders
(although I could now do that with my iPod if I wanted, thanks to the Belkin
plug in mike).

Only problem from time to time has been the eMate keeping up with my typing!
The 4mb memory card helps on that score!

I like it because it's almost impossible to lose notes, it's a rugged unit
with a built in handle, I find it simple and easy to type on, the battery
lasts for ages and it's unutterably cool. If that's a word. Unutterably, not
cool. You know what I mean :)

Had great fun once taking notes at a meeting with a cartoonist friend of
mine, and then getting him to draw me a cartoon on the screen. Got a few
looks in the cafe we were sitting in ...

Which copy of MacUser was the eMate article in, Keith? Hoping to make the
London NUG, so I look forward to see you grappling with your eMate innards.

Russ