[NTLK] Audio in and out

From: Jon Scordia (jscordia_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 01:25:35 PDT

Hi list. I've been thinking about ways of getting audio in and out of a Newt 2000.

I know that the dongle is a bit cumbersome and fragile and that an internal adaptation is the best solution, but I dont want to mess with that just yet!

I noticed in the nSync blog that he'd cut open a dongle to find the audio connections. Of course dongles are rare and expensive.

But my question is, why not accept the dongle and wire up 2 mono jack sockets to a ten-a-penny serial plug, then plug that into the dongle? Im sure even I could manage that, and I'd have nothing precious to loose.

Any thoughts? Most importantly, does anyone have a pin-out diagram for a Newt dongle?

Thanks all, Regards,

Jon