[NTLK] Backup packages on flash card? OR Where to get flash cards?

From: Matthew Surles (minimicrite_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 16:54:07 PDT

Hello everyone! Been using Newts off and on for about six years now,
and I read the list every now and then to see what's new. But now
I've got a problem, and I figured now was as good a time as any to
jump in.

I found a 10mb flash card that has a couple of large medical
texts/packages. Being the packrat I am, I'd like to keep them, if
just for posterity's sake. Unfortunately, they seem to have some
serious copy protection on them. They won't back up using any of the
Apple connectivity applications, so I can't extract them from a
backup. PackageBuddy gives me the error "Can't route this type of
icon" when I try to send the packages back to my Mac.

Is there something simple I've missed? The write protect switch is
off, I did remember to check it.

Alternatively, if anyone knows where to get linear flash cards for a
reasonable price, I'd really like to know. I'd love to have something
bigger than 10 or 15mb, so that I could store a couple of mp3's, but
the non-ebay prices that I've seen are outrageous.

Thanks!
-matt