Re: [NTLK] Backup packages on flash card? OR Where to get flash cards?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 11:46:02 PDT

Matthew Surles wrote:
> I found a 10mb flash card that has a couple of large medical
> texts/packages. Being the packrat I am, I'd like to keep them, if
> just for posterity's sake. Unfortunately, they seem to have some
> serious copy protection on them. They won't back up using any of the
> Apple connectivity applications, so I can't extract them from a
> backup. PackageBuddy gives me the error "Can't route this type of
> icon" when I try to send the packages back to my Mac.
>
> Is there something simple I've missed? The write protect switch is
> off, I did remember to check it.

You need to install a package called EEUnProtect on your Newton. It patches
the OS so that you can copy/route/whatever packages which have been marked as
"protected" when created. Then you should be able to use PackageBuddy or what
have you.

http://www.unna.org/view.php?/utilites/system_enhancements/EEUnProtect