Re: [NTLK] This is a real puzzler!

From: Marco Mailand (marco.mailand_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 30 2005 - 13:34:06 PDT

2005/7/30, Brian <spylaw4_at_mac.com>:
> The basic problem is that I can't seem to get a consistent and
> reliable internet connection to receive/send email.=20
> internet ( the light on the LAN card connector and the router come on
> and flash away and all is fine. But equally often it will say
> connecting to the internet and then looking up host but no lights
> come on ...

Brian,
I suffer from sort of exactly the same nSickness with my MP2k1 (other
HW). But in my case it is even bad at the point where I try to connect
to NCU or Package Loader. The LED at the DWL-650 card is lit and goes
of at the instant of making a connection. As if it is been toggled and
just lost one toggle pulse. I found a sort of bad workaround by
opening Dock and searching for other desktop and waiting until the LED
goes off after several seconds of inactivity.

I think our problem might be caused by swapping Ethernet cards
combined with unexpected and frequent resets. I often use a Farallon
PN895 for b/u and the DWL-650 for wireless e-mail download. Somehow
may it also be caused be the two concurrently installed ethernet card
drivers. Maybe we have to freeze both during change and before
swapping cards.

Let us know whether you've installed both drivers and none frozen.

Marco