[NTLK] Newton Keyboards

From: Richard (newtontalk_at_rssternberg.org)
Date: Sat Jul 30 2005 - 22:30:32 PDT

I frankly haven't a clue what is fair. I'm newbie here, and I'm not
trying to vend products, and I don't want to tick off the group. I'm
reluctantly replacing my Newton 120 and stand (with extra styluses,
too, I think); my Newton 2100 with dongle and keyboard and leather
case; and my Newton 2000 with dongle and keyboard with a new Verizon
Wireless Treo 650. The Newton is *still* a better PDA than the Treo,
but I can't wait any longer for Jobs to finish his ego spite fit
against Aurelio and bring back a new telephone-PDA with iPod thrown
in. So, I joined here for help getting a decade of data off the
Newtons and onto the Treo. David happens to live a few miles from me,
and we've tried valiantly to sync the data to my Mac in two sessions
at his house. He's going to write up a question for the group when he
gets a chance. If I succeed at getting the data off, the Newtons'
functionality for me has ended, and I can sell them.
I've learned by visiting here that they are still valuable, and I
paid a fortune for them. So, it's only fair that I sell them for
their market value. I'm willing to help members of the group by
selling the keyboards to them separately and to apply my office
discount to any FedEx shipment you want. I never used the keyboards
anyway. But, give me a clue what they are worth or where to look for
a fair place so we can mutually measure a proper price. I want to be
fair, and I don't have the inclination to get entrepreneurial about it.

-- Richard
newtontalk_at_rssternberg.org