Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Einstein Emulator User Preview 1 (UP1)

From: Gregory Gee (greggee_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Mar 05 2005 - 19:26:56 PST

   I'm quite happy playing with this release.

- the cocoa interface is great.
- using the keyboard is great. I should try this with my MP2000.
- installing packages it easy.

   But I ran into a few problems.

- I have to choose the ROM each time I start up. Do I have to put it
   in a certain directory so it can remember?
- It doesn't seem to load in the flash that it saved. I just get
   an error about calibration and I basically start all over each time.

   Other than that, great job guys. I love it. I have one request for
the next release. Can you add some indicator that the newton is booting?
When I press the power button, it sometimes takes a bit of time to start,
at which time I amm not sure it is starting and I hit the power button again.

Thanks,
Greg