Re: [NTLK] New Apple Palmtop Mac? vs ematae

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 09:17:30 PST

   (My previous comment) Oh, I suppose they haven't shut it down.

   But, IMO, an 'iBook form factor' just couldn't touch the eMate - the
eMate was light, had the carrying handle that didn't really *look* like
a carrying handle, and had the screen that could be folded flat (and it
looked cool to boot. Now, MAYBE an iBook that had a tablet screen that
could flip around and fold down over the keyeboard, but I'd really like
the ability of the emate to be able to use the pen AND the keyboard at
the same time in some situations (maybe have it so the display could
also be "pivoted" to "float" above the keyboard a little, like with the
iLamp (iMac)? But on the other hand, having a "fold-flat" display like
in the eMate, with the dimensions of a 12in iBook screen would make a
REALLY tall palmtop (unless the bottom also unfolded back somehow..

Jim

> On 9-mrt-05, at 1:02, Jonathan Ramos wrote:
>> Consider the source first. O'grady's PowerPage is currently being sued
>> (or just subpoenaed?) for leaking future Apple product info, but check
>> it out anyway. They claim to have seen info of an Apple iBook Mini
>> that
>> might be what a modern Emate 300 would be by today's standards.
>
> Just a stray thought, would the development of Einstein have anything
> to do with this?
>
> ;-)
>

> Robert Benschop
>
> --