Re: [NTLK] New Apple Palmtop Mac? vs ematae

From: Adamson_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 12:48:10 PST

As far advanced as the Newton and Emate were when they were orphaned, I can
only imagine just how terrific a new Mac Palmtop would be. How far was the
iPod ahead of the mainstream? Cost? I paid over $1000 each for my three
Newtons and about $700 for my eMate when I bought them. I would gladly pay the
asking price for an updated Palmtop. I also have a Duo and a docking station
which allowed me to do far more than I had ever imagined possible. I am in
the process of resurrecting these now since I came back to the Newton and need
something to work serially. I only fear that once again we are being teased
with the what if's. You would think with all the interest that Steve would
finally get it. But, I guess the surging stock price is enough for him to be
happy.

In a message dated 3/9/2005 1:04:48 P.M. US Eastern Standard Time,