Re: [NTLK] Newton and E-mail

From: David Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 12:25:53 PST

On Mar 14, 2005, at 3:13 PM, jg wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Few of us have a problem with e-mail. Eudora can receive, Simple Mail
> can send. Unfortunately, it is not possible to keep them all in the
> same Newton. Any hope to have Newton send/receive mail.

Not sure what you mean, John. Both e-mail programs you mention are
capable of both sending and receiving. If you have SimpleMail
installed, you will find it when you go to your In/Out on the Newton,
and tap the Receive button - SimpleMail will be there as a selection.
For sending, you merely have to go to what it is you want to send.
Let's say you have a note in the Notes app for instance. Go to the
actual note, tap on the envelope icon (also called the routing button),
and Mail will be a choice. This will then bring up a slip which has
your mail program (SimpleMail, for instance) name in the upper right,
and off you go...I haven't installed Eudora - perhaps it clashes
somehow with SimpleMail, I don't know. But both programs can send and
receive. Try each separately and see which one you like best.

- Dave