[NTLK] Adaptor for eMate

From: Grietje Keller (grietje_at_xs4all.nl)
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 05:24:50 PST

Hallo,

I got my eMate about 4 years ago with a non-original adaptor, 7,5 V; 1,33 A.
The batteries never worked good, so I've always used my eMate together with
the adapter. I often get messages like, that the eMate isn't charging good,
because there is too much power. And almost everytime I turn my eMate on,
after some hours turned of, he restarts totally because the batteries had no
power at all and I have to tap those x's with the stylus.

So now I will, next Tuesday, replace the batteries, according to the 'how
to' on http://www.pda-soft.de/hardware.html. I will do it together with a
friend. (he has also an emate and we will also do the batteries of another
friend.)

I was wondering: is it necessary to have the perfect adaptor (1,2 A instead
of the 1,33 I have now). I went to a shop to buy one, yesterday, and they
said there this adaptor should be okay.

Greetings
Grietje