[NTLK] Newt n00bee

From: JP (spacebar0_at_fastmail.fm)
Date: Sun Mar 27 2005 - 08:36:22 PST

About a month ago, I was researching upgrading this WallStreet PB on
Low-End-Mac. Subscribed to lots of list-serves. Including this one.

Plan Newt MP 2100 purchase next week. Crave a portable computer that has
HW on screen w/that size; plus comm abiblity.

This list is by far the most active list of the ones is subscribe. I've
got UNNA bookmarked (running Safari/X 10.2.8 "Jaguar". Also have PB
1400c OS 9.1 48mb.

Have DSL service. Planning on going WiFi b next week on both machines.

Although I've read a bunch of posts, it's kinda muddy re: Newton on the
net and re: Newton to Mac connectivity. Each PB has IrDa.

I'm fairly savvy, but by no means a hacker

Question?

What are the NMP 2100 connectivty options capablities re: easiest way to
get on net and Mac connectivity? (Out of the box, if possible? (ps-->>
PB 1400 had a 56k pcmcia zoom modem card which should be
surplus/recycled to Newt OR use WiFi b pcmcia card?)

and all the other cool hoopla possible?

thanks cheers and consume virtual Snickers bars

--
  JP
  spacebar0_at_fastmail.fm