Re: [NTLK] Using a 3.3v card in a MessagePad 2000

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 16:57:48 PDT

Charlie,

If you check the archives for a post from me you can get the exact
info about the which revisions work.
 I gave this card to a list member in Canada so I'm going to have to
go by memory (a bit fuzzy as we get older)...

You are should have purchased the DWL-650 with a Crescent/Ear shaped
antennae. It's either a light grey or dark grey color antennae it
depends on the picture though the actual article in person (mine) was
a light grey.

The card should NOT be a cardbus which is 32Bit (a 16Bit card is the
correct one) as the 32Bit has a copper strip along the connecting side
that's inserted into the PCMCIA slot.

With the correct card in hand the Revision should work up to Rev J.

The 3.3V is warned as being a problem, but it has been known to work
but used at your own risk... mine worked flawlessly.

Hope this helps...
--=20
God bless,

Sonny Hung