[NTLK] Still can't go wireless

From: Bret Feinblatt (bafein_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 06:56:12 PDT

Ever since I first learned it was possible, I've periodically tried to
get my Newton to interact with my wifi network, gotten frustrated adn
tossed the card into my desk drawer, only to pull it out a few months
later.
Anyway, it's a few months later. Still doesn't work.

So, here's what I've got. On the Newton side:
        2000u with a 30 meg card
        WaveLAN Silver turbo 11 Mb
        The unregistered version of that wifi-enabling software from the
Driver Labo website (what the hell does that mean, anyway?)

On the router side, I have a NetGear wireless router, which works
beautifully with my OS 10.2.8 iBook, my ethernet-connected OS 9.1 9600,
and my wife's Win98 PC.

The thing that brings me into the arena now is spotting this website
showing a Newton controlling a Mac Mini, presumably using VNC. I'd like
to be able to do that, too, among other things, and it'd really help if
I could get the Newt online wirelessly, either here or in a public
hotspot. I know that the ones requiring passwords won't work with the
Newt, heard that somewhere, but not all of them need a password.

So, anyone got any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks

--
Please correct me if I'm wrong, and expect me to return the favor.