Re: [NTLK] Was...GPS Card- LANUG meeting results...

From: W L (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 19:37:47 PDT

Hi Ed,

Bad News, the parking, traffic to the Grove, and other problems
prevented all of us from getting there at 7:30 pm. We will have to move
  it to a more friendly local, another Apple Store, either on the
Westside or back to our original site in Glendale Galleria.

Everybody who tried to attend wasted over 40 min. trying to find a
parking space, at Glendale we find a space in 5 min. always. Pasadena
AS is just as hard to find a parking space even though there's lots of
garages. Santa Monica AS has close access to large garages but it's too
far for most members, half are east of the 110 fwy.

I got there at 8 pm due to work and 5 fwy traffic. Found a parking
space at 8:50 pm. Missed Duane by 5 min. Probably missed Ed by 20 min..

Usually Mike D. is at the Genius Bar and/or somebody using a Newt. is
waiting for others, but Saturday nights are getting less popular and/or
the location is too much of a drive for most. Every AppleStore is at
least 30+ min. for me. Maybe back to moving it around since I gotta
drive around anyway.

I still have the Newton Stuff for sale and waiting for the replacement
for missing shipments if the reseller acknowledges the mistakes.

I have to pay Marty for the shipping of the backlights.
I have to pay Adriano for the NewtAC's, and the other new inventions. :-)

BTW, I got the Tiger(Mac OS) upgrade dvd on May 2, pretty fast for Apple
since I ordered it on 4/28. Glad to hear somebody else on this list got
working better with Einstein. Now it's my turn, or at least on a spare
PB. :-)