[NTLK] Newbie Brain Wipe ;=} (was: Re: Newton GPS prob: "GPS: 0" -----)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Mon May 09 2005 - 01:09:57 PDT

Subject: Re: [NTLK] Newton GPS prob: "GPS: 0" -----
From: "Michael Beale" <mjbeale50 () hotmail ! com>
Date: 2005-05-09 6:03:10

>Please excuse this Newby asking a question all the rest of you
know the
>answer to. How do you do a brainwipe. I presume it is
eliminating
>everything from the memory

Dear Michael,

the reset modes are described in the two years outdated FAQ (Bluetooth?
IrDA Package Installer? Card Lending Programme? Einstein? Right, they
all still don't exist in THAT universe!), e.g at
http://www.pda-soft.de/newton-faq-nos.html#IIIB2 . I've also put that
chapter to the Wiki and linked from the HowTo-page, might make finding
this easier for others

>but without recorse to the manual I would
>not know how to do it.

If you lack a manual, this can be amended easily:
http://www.unna.org/view.php?/apple/documentation . Much recommended to
take a peek in your MP model's documentation.
If you have a MP2x00, then even better: Matt Kowalczyk made a Newton
eBook for you to take along
http://www.unna.org/view.php?/apple/documentation/2x00/NewtonBook (and
by using the "Find" funtionality, you can even full-text search it on
your Newton!).

Greetings,

DJV.

P.S.: Hey Newbies, check out the Wiki, there's a lot of great stuff
compiled such as "Various Methods to Protect your Data"
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/SecureData, how to set up
SimpleMail, GPS, connecting to desktop computers... And anything new
you find out yourself that isn't already covered can be added by
yourselves, to help the next Newbie. A great way to give something back
to the community!