Re: [NTLK] Bluetooth and internet question

From: Zoont Foomby (zoontf_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 14:34:54 PDT

Ah hah!

The script for connection is different than the one I have been using.
Maybe that will help!

I wish I had had the foresight to search for this posting a while ago...

Thanks!

As for the previous question, about why not use "my native linux"
instead... because I have very little experience with Bluetooth and
wanted to start out using it on a platform that seemed more likely to
work. Once I can confirm that it works on an easy to setup (i.e. more
well supported) platform like Windows or Mac OS X, then I can
re-create it one Linux. Admittidely I did start trying on Linux, but
found that much of the advice given in various online articles was for
users of Redhat or Suse or some other user-friendly distribution,
instead of my experimental debian install. I got fed up with the
advice that did not apply (i.e. use this gui tool, or use this custom
tool built into redhat only). Perhaps I was just finding bad advice.

The other killer reason to use BT on my VMWare setup is because I can
then figure out how to sync my Newton to my office's MS Outlook mail
client.