Re: [NTLK] Newton GPS prob: "GPS: 0" -----

From: Newton (newton_at_spymac.com)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 14:36:41 PDT

> Seems the Init >strings I'd used in GPS Map=20
> configured the receiver, which keeps the >settings in its=20
> RAM as long as its rechargeable battery lasts (32 =3D days, =20
> >recharges during normal use; after longer intervalls it will=20
> be reset >by the Init strings in GPS Map). Another brilliant=20
> triumph for Team >Newtonia!
This one I don't understand at all. What's this for a f"=E7*%"*ng GPS =
receiver
with accu??? I've got one with a small 3V button cell which lasts =
several
YEARS not a few DAYS!!! The GPS will anyway need a bit more time to get =
the
latest ephemeridial data from the satellites if it was off for several =
days,
but mine lost its basic config only after several years if the battery =
was
empty. Rechargable battery - that is another "feature" which should be =
noted
down in the wikiwikinewt pages. I looked into'm and I liked'em :-) thx =
all contributors.

Marco