Re: [NTLK] Einstein Widget for Tiger?

From: David M. Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat May 14 2005 - 11:37:45 PDT

Nah, I wasn't trying to say it was a stupid idea. I guess I am ...
hesitant about widgets. They seem to be the new craptacular
shareware. Everyone makes about 40 of them and about 5 are useful.
There is a spell checker widget ya know? You can cut and paste text
into it to spell check it.

I guess its that sort of thing that makes no sense to me. There is
now a global dictionary and thesaurus, both of which are accessible
via keyboard cmds, widgets, and an application. Spell checking is a
system wide service. Yet someone thought - hey we really need a
widget for that.

Thats all, not blasting it, just thinking, toss an alias in my dock
or make a widget?

David

PS

And regarding your PS - YES, and it makes my brain go soft.