Re: [NTLK] NewTen + CubePort serial adaptor

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun May 15 2005 - 10:08:08 PDT

On May 15, 2005, at 2:23 AM, John Derbyshire wrote:

> The Mac and Newt couldn't see each other with NCU, so I went on the
> Griffin gPort site and it had Appletalk Bridge and Griffin's OSX
> Appletalk Bridge patch to enable gPort to work with Appletalk. But they
> prevent Classic from booting up.

You shouldn't need that. Try using the serial setting in NCU.

I can't remember if Appletalk over localtalk (serial) works under
classic, but I don't think so off hand.

Appletalk is controlled by OSXs network setting and using the gport for
appletalk from there isn't an option.

NCU should work and be all you need to run from classic.

Marty