Re: [NTLK] Newtonworks problem

From: Norman Palardy (palardyn_at_shaw.ca)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 11:23:26 PDT

On May 18, 2005, at 12:17 PM, Hubert Napiera=A9=A9a wrote:

> I connect my Newton to a PowerPc G3 233 with os. 9.1, if this helps.
> Hubert

Sometimes packages when they are downloaded do not have the right type=20=

and creator codes and so many tools that rely on that to identify them=20=

as Newton Packages ignore these files.

Type and creator codes are hidden from you but are very important to=20
the Mac OS (sort of like extensions on Windows)

There are ways to reset the type and creator codes though