Re: [NTLK] New newton page

From: Adamson_at_aol.com
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 11:25:24 PDT

In a message dated 5/17/2005 5:17:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu writes:
what i'd like to find is a stand that i saw once in a shop in NY that
pivoted and held the newt in all 4 corners. so i could place this little
thing on my desktop and set the angle i wanted to use the newt at. it
was only $100 at the time and i should have just bought it and now i
kick myself.

As it so happens, I have one. I want to keep it though. The cool thing is
that it can hold the Newt either in portrait or landscape. However, I took
one of the long side retainers off. This makes it easier to get in and out.
You do need to take some care not to move it in the direction of the removed
part, but it is awesome. Holds it at any position, is infinitely adjustable.
 I bought it off a women in Oregon who had it advertised on ebay. I paid
about $100. This was in '98 or '99. The concept is similar to those alligator
clip arms that you can adjust to any position. It is just machined
aluminum, but it is where I have my Newton on my desk. I love it!

Bob Adamson