Re: [NTLK] OT: Apple AC Adapter Class Action

From: secondangel (ghostland2000_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 05:45:56 PDT

Interesting. Where/How are you getting the notices from Apple? Both my Newtons MP2100s were
registered with AppleCare, etc. Is there a way you'd recommend getting on the list - I'd like to
get my $35!

You mentioned a white square adapter? Forgive me if this has already been a previous topic, but
is there an adapter out there that will work with MP2001 without mods?

Thanks!

--- Martin Joseph <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:

> On May 19, 2005, at 9:58 PM, David Golden wrote:
>
> > I was just wondering if anyone else on the list received the legal
> > notice of a pending settlement with Apple over those miserable " Yo Yo
> > " AC adapters. Between my Sons and I, we have gone through six of those
> > pieces of trash. The last time I had adapter problems, a very kind
> > person at Apple took pity on me and shipped me one of the white square
> > adapters.
>
> Yes, I received two notices today. Interesting that they are only
> going to pay $35. What a ripoff. I guess the blood sucking class
> action attorneys get the rest...
>

> Chislers,
> Marty
>
> --