Re: [NTLK] OT: Apple AC Adapter Class Action

From: David Golden (ikondave_at_charter.net)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 10:12:05 PDT

My guess is that the answer to your question is : possibly. From what I
understand, the issue here is more along the lines of the age of the
adapters and how long they lasted before being replaced rather than if
you bought your PowerBook new or used. There are two tiers of
settlement standards. The " better " deal is for $35, and the lesser
is for $25. I decided that I have better uses for my time than to spend
a few hours hunting around for documents/ receipts that I may or may
not have. It looks like Apple is getting off easy.

However, if you didn't get one of these letters, you may very well be
out of luck. Did you register your PowerBook with Apple? Even if you
purchased it second hand, in a private sale, registering it with Apple
would have been a good idea.

Dave