[NTLK] OT: PDA recommendations again

From: Thomas Isenbarger (isen_at_charter.net)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 06:12:45 PDT

I am thinking of getting my wife one of the cheaper Palms on the
market today. I have been away from the Palm for several years (now
I'm hard core MP), so I'd like a little advice.

She has a white iBook at home and some sort of Windows box at work
running Outlook. Most importantly she'd like to be able to sync the
calendar on the Palm with the one on Outlook, and beyond that syncing
Outlook contacts and her iBook calendars and contacts are important.

Will this be difficult? If there is any small bit of troubleshooting
or bump in the road getting this to work she is liable to say having
the Palm is not worth the trouble. Does syncing with the desktop or
laptop still happen through the Palm desktop client? Are there ways
to sync directly with Outlook?

Of course, I'd love to get her a Newton, but I think the size factor
and the syncing issues will nix that.

Thanks,
Tom Isenbarger