Re: [NTLK] OT: Apple AC Adapter Class Action

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 11:15:03 PDT

On May 25, 2005, at 4:52 AM, Daniel Jagendorf wrote:

> to anyone with the original brick adaptor,
> please keep in mind that they were replaced due to their tendency to
> catch on fire.
There were no reports of actual fire, as I recall. My replacement yoyo
which died actually got much hotter then original brick ever did.
Strangely my newer white Powerbook G4 transformer also seems to get
much warmer...

Still your point is well taken. If you are using the old brick style,
check it out and make sure it's not getting hot. Also as with any
power adapter, make sure that it isn't left to sit in a material that
prevents airflow and is flammable.
> I did the switch to the yo-yo for my Lombard back when, and it's still
> working just fine.
Lucky you.
Marty