Re: [NTLK] Mail V prob

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 09:13:31 PDT

On May 26, 2005, at 6:38 AM, Thomas Isenbarger wrote:
<snip>
> I currently have it set to browse mail instead of download mail and
> Mail V is currently synchronizing mail (on ~1000 of 5000 messages).
> But if I only have it set to browse mail, i have to be hooked to the
> net to read my mail right? i cannot take the newt with me on the
> road and read my mail with this setting, right?
>
> Can anyone help with this?

Create a folder on your IMAP server called "inbox history" or something
along those lines. I like to date these, so I have a folder for
2004,2003,2002, etc.

Now move about 4500+ messages out of your inbox and try again... This
will probably work ok.

It's a little excessive to expect our little green friend to churn
through 5000 messages, don't you think?

Let us know if the above helps at all...

Marty

PS One of the great advantage of IMAP is that this folder structure
you create is automatically shared by all the clients.