Re: [NTLK] Trouble syncing via Basilisk

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri May 27 2005 - 09:48:45 PDT

On May 27, 2005, at 3:54 AM, Marcus Hammerschmitt wrote:
<snip>
First of all, wow, I am impressed with your efforts and successes so
far!

> changed
> on the Mac to "OpenTransport" and back,
Use Open transport for sure. Forget about Mac TCP.
> started filesharing
> and program sharing,
Don't need that.
> looked into the MacTCP settings and
> left them unchanged, checked with the chooser if indeed AppleTalk
> was active (it was),
DO NOT use the chooser to change the Appletalk setting. Some versions
of Mac OS have a bug that makes this a false setting. Look under the
Apple menu for a "Network" control panel and set the appletalk to
ethernet there.
> changed the "multicast packets" and the
> "Identifying self" settings in the Ethernet tab
> (Basilisk preferences) - to absolutely no avail.

Don't know anything about Basilisk, sorry.

Keep slogging you will get there,
Marty