[NTLK] eMate hinge lube, without disassembly?

From: Dan K (dankephoto_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 14:08:08 PST

Having just hauled my eMate out of storage to install a recently acquired
RAM upgrade, I find the screen very resistant to being opened. Of course,
the hinge lube has dried out and needs to be rejuvinated. I certainly
cannot use it like this, the screen ribbon is sure to be the victim, and
sooner rather than later. But . . .

Can a hinge lube be done without (pretty much) totally stripping the
eMate? All instructions I've found only describe a lubejob done on
removed hinges. Has anyone figured a way to get grease or oil in there
from the outside?

Now mind you, I'm ain't affeerd o' nuttin'! Heck I've successfully
rebuilt dual USB iBooks (with only a few screws left over!) It's just
that I'd rather not spend the time (which I don't really have) on this
occasionally used eMate, that is, if I don't have to.

TIA,

dan k